Embedded software tester
Location: Niles, Illinois
Duration: 6-12 months c to h (EAD/ GC, GC, USC)
Interview: Skype and they must be willing to come onsite for a face to face ( all expenses will be paid for by the client)
This tester should specialize in embedded testing. They should have a good understanding of:
- Embedded Operating System
- web server
- protocol stack
- They need to test all the layers and make sure there is good stability and no memory leaks.
This embedded tester should have experience testing 3 things:
a) They will be testing embedded products that communicate over a network. That is why they need to know network protocols (IP networking, IPv4, IPv6, 802.11x, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SNMP and other IP communication protocols)
b) We would like someone who has experience testing wireless microphones or similar embedded products that are not running on generic platform. They should understand CWB and WWB that run on servers (Windows). The other ones work off of embedded products like VXWorks or Open RTOS (operating systems)
c) They should understand testing of mobile apps like iOS. (But please don't send me candidates that are only mobile testers)
Exciting company with a great culture! Position will primarily act as a test lead and will be responsible for QA aspects thus ensuring overall product quality and ultimate customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for technical leadership of other Test Engineers and defining scalable and robust test facilities to ensure high quality products. Projects can follow traditional Waterfall as well as Agile based development. The successful candidate should be able to work effectively with both
- Review test plans, test cases, test lab equipment, and verify test coverage against requirements.
- Perform product testing to verify product performance and diagnose product defects.
- Perform verification and regression testing for bug fixes. Log, track and drive to closure all bugs directly with developers.
- Develop test plans from requirements and supervise QA testing.
- Understand customer requirements and test plans.
- Create additional customer use tests as required to verify end customer's expectations and integrate into the Master template.
- Review new industry standards and integrate new standards into the lab test capabilities.
- Send regular Test Status Reports to product team with metrics to indicate overall test progress and product maturity.
- Work with customer service and support teams to identify and diagnose field issues, provide information to engineering and verify fixes.
- Evaluate new / competitive products and provide detailed competitive analysis.
- Ensuring that all ISO9000 processes are followed and all artifacts are in place for annual audits.
- Drive continuous process and software quality improvements.
- Identify and help recruit qualified candidates as required to enhance the team.
- Able to utilize test automation software as appropriate for feature regression testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in CS, EE or related field or demonstrated work experience; a Master's degree is a plus.
- 5 years in QA or System Test in a lead role testing network based products.
- Excellent work ethic, independence, responsiveness and sense of responsibility.
- Strong understanding of IP networking, IPv4, IPv6, 802.11x, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SNMP and other IP communication protocols.
- Well-versed in QA methodologies and Test Driven Development.
- Experience using test tools such as Quality Center, Wireshark, etc.
- Hands-on test capability to operate network test equipment, build test environments, troubleshoot networks and products.
- Ability to independently track and resolve issues.
- Teamwork. This position requires a close working relationship with the extended team in India and Copenhagen.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasking environment.
IT Recruiter | OnSpot Serve
T: 530-231-4017 Ext- 113
E: firstname.lastname@example.org Gtalkemail@example.com
1510 Poole Blvd, Suite 302
Yuba City, CA 95993
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress, this email cannot be considered Spam as long as we include Contact information and a method to be removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in receiving our emails than please reply with a "remove" in the subject line and mention all the email addresses to be removed with an email addresses which might be diverting the email to you.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golf savings bank" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/golf-savings-bank.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.